Big Ears 2009

Monday, February 2, 2009 | |


I was reading a copy of Wire in a small diner in Minnedosa, Manitoba, when I saw an add for Big Ears 2009. It's in Knoxville, Tennessee with an amazing line up:

Antony and the Johnsons
Michael Gira
Larkin Grimm
Matmos
Phillip Glass
Negativland
plus others...

the "inner ear" all access pass is about 200 dollars. I could get a plane ticket out there and back to Canada for about 800, I am not sure if I should do it, I am moving back and forth on this one. It would be so spectacular, but it puts me on a pretty tight budget for the rest of my traveling, and not having a job and all back home worries me a bit.

I would fly out of Winnipeg and into Knoxville, and then back to Ottawa. I am thinking I would do a bit of couchsurfing while I was there so I would not have to pay for a place to sleep. I really want to go, but 1000 bucks is a pretty large price tag.

What do you think, should I go or not? and on that note anybody want to attend with me?

1 comments:

paul said...

yes, agreed but its so good. I am giving myself until tonight to decide, but I am leaning agianst it right now. I have always wanted to see negativland and antony, and mr. glass oh how great it would be. If I had my car I would leave tonight.

Mp3 Player

Archive