Tremendous Eyewear, Raised Dead

Friday, October 3, 2008 | |

"My body started to shut down. I got really, really ill. When you're starving ...you can't concentrate. I was [a] zombie, like the walking dead. I was just consumed with what I would eat, [who] I would eat."

-Tracy Gold (slightly modified)
-from "Room to Grow[l]: An Appetite for Life"

Tracy Gold, best known for her role as Nell in Wildfire 7: The Inferno found the courage to make public her experience during that dark ten year period we all work so hard to keep from bubbling up to the front of our minds.

Who next will come forward with their account of the Zombie Apocalypse. We all went through it, we all had to do things we never imagined we'd find ourselves doing. I myself will forever have the image of my beloved Patrice's severed arms clutching with deadly inhuman grip to my throat burned into my eyes. I will forever have to live with the memory of prying those cold dead hands from my neck and using them to beat my zombie dog to death.

These things happened, there's no changing that. It's time for the healing to start; it's time for us to stop spending long nighttime hours rocking rhythmically on the porch swing, pickaxe in hand, watching the fields. It's time to put away the shotguns. It's time to start trusting our neighbors again.


A small theater group in Austin is putting on a stage production of George Romero's classic:

Weird City Theater: Night of the Living Dead

How Zombies Work

My girlfriend introduced me to this fantastic comic series. If you've ever gotten to the end of a zombie flick and said to yourself, "well what next?", then this is for you. It follows a group of survivors just trying to live their lives after the world has been taken away from them. Volume four is being released this October. The following link is the first issue free from Image Comics website:

The Walking Dead


And finally...my girlfriend as a zombie:

This isn't exactly and accurate depiction of what she looks like. She doesn't normally wear pearls for one. and her hair isn't that dark in person.

Items I would grab in the ten second before a horde of nightmarish undead break down my bedroom door to feast on my delectable innards:

-Wallet
-Keys
-Bedside Pistol
-Ornamental Swords
-Sobakawa Pillow
-Signed Bill Murray Poster
-Priceless Rembrandt
-iPod Filled with Kraftwork
-Terry Cloth Bath Robe
-Skateboard (for Shreddin' Xtreme)
-Some Light Reading
-A Single Cherry Blossom (Ode to a World Gone Mad)
-Condoms...Because You Never Know

0 comments:

Mp3 Player

Archive